Donor name: Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung
Overall objectives: The project’s mission is to foster media’s work for the public good by convening solution-oriented experts’ gatherings that bring together unique, regional perspectives and provide lasting networking experiences.
- The overall goals of this project are to showcase what’s working in journalism and the news media;
- to to level the playing field for journalists and media experts in the region with those in Europe and the rest of the world in terms of access to up-to-day information contributing to the cultivation of the media environment;
- to provide safe space for journalists and media experts to discuss current issues; and to support a new generation of journalists.
Thanks to the support of Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, Prague Office in the past we have been able to introduce various gender and media-related topics into the mix of the conference. In addition to bringing a gender-balanced approach to the program of the conference, we intend to organize two online sessions on particular issues related to gender and the media:
- Leadership development in the media – In this session, we are going to focus on leadership development aspects in the news industry, highlighting best practices and gender-related issues. In order to avoid the “silo effect” where speakers address an audience that is largely aware of the issues that are being addressed in the discussion, the panel is not going to be framed as a “gender” panel. Nevertheless, gender-related aspects of leadership development are going to be essential.
- Satire as a news media tool of contextualization of gender-related public discourse – In this panel speakers will address the best practices of how to use satire as a tool and the impact this particular genre is having in introducing new perspectives on current issues to the wider public.